[Interest] Qt Creator cannot debug on iPad device, Xcode has no problem with same iPad?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Mon May 4 14:43:54 CEST 2015

HI Robert,

In Qt Creator open your project.
Click at Project -> Manage Kits

In "Manage Kits" select your iPad device instead of your iPhone
to be used for the kit concerned.

You can also get to "Manage Kits" from Preferences

I do not understand.  "Manage Kits" displays targets rather than devices?

Listed under kits are:

1 - Android for armeabi-v70a (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.4.1 )
2 - Desktop Qt 5.4.1 clang 64 bit
3 - iphoneos-clang
4 - iphonesimulator-clang

I can see under Preferences->Devices my iPad is listed with a “Current states: “Ready To Use”.  Changing the iPad device to “Set as Default (for iOS)” has no effect on enabling the debugger and allowing me to start it.

I cannot launch the debugger.  I have to switch back to my iPhone to before the debugger will allow me to start debugging.

Both iOS devices are running the same iOS version.

Xcode can debug on both devices.

Puzzling...

-Ed