[Interest] Cross platform accelerated instructions framework

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu May 14 13:38:58 CEST 2015

Hi,

Sorry if the title is not the most appropriated.

I’m developing an app that will be target for iOS/Android/x86/x86_64

Since this is CPU intensive application I think that I will reach a point were assembly and vector instructions will be needed for maximum performance.

Since ARM and x86 instruction set is completely different, how should one handle such cases? Can I assume arm instructions will be the same for iOS and Android? Or even at the arm level I will have great differences? Are there any cross platform framework for developing high performance tasks at this level?

Nuno