[Interest] SQLite

Alex Strickland sscc at mweb.co.za
Wed May 27 09:56:47 CEST 2015

On 2015/05/27 09:39 AM, Graham Labdon wrote:

> I am planning to use a SQLite database in my application to store application data.
> The application is large and complex so we are taking a phased delivery approach. This will mean that the structure of the database will change over time and that we need to provide backwards compatibility.
> So, what I need is some way to create a versioning system and a way of converting old format databases to the current format.
> I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a good approach to this

I'm also interested in approaches here. For python Django had South, now
integrated into the ORM of the main package. For c# migrations are also
built into Entity Framework. DevArt have a commercial product supporting
SQLite under EF.

Not much use to you with C++, but I'd love to know what you find.

--
Regards
Alex

---