[Interest] Qt Android: how does Qt communicate with the audio system?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Mon Nov 9 16:31:31 CET 2015

Hi,

I was wondering how does Qt communicate with the audio device on Android. Does it need to talk with the Android media server? Or does it open the audio devices directly at the system level?

I’m working on a app that uses audio and if I want low latency, i’m forcing the sound buffer to be small (32), but then I get glitches. To avoid glitches I need to have it at 1024 samples, which is not good for latency at all.

Is there any setting I should be looking for in order to tweak and improve latency?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno