[Interest] MOC Error replicating Qt5 Application build on other Windows MSVC 2010 machines

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Mon Nov 9 23:33:49 CET 2015

We achieved a successful Qt 5.5.1 build of our large Qt 4.8 application,
built with MSVC 2010, 64-bit.

But this build is succeeding only on the single machine on which Qt
5.5.1 was actually built.  When we try to compile our application on
another machine, we are getting many of these ERRORS in Visual Studio 2010:

  * moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
  * QCommandLineParser: argument list cannot be empty, it should contain
    at least the executable name

... see attachment file for broader context.

I've replicated components from the original Qt 5.5.1 build machine to
the other development machine which I believe aren't supposed to be
needed for the latter, including putting Qt 5.5.1's qtbase\bin on the
path.  (This is effectively redundant with having copied the contents of
that directory to another one which had already been on the path).  We
manage our source with GIT, and never have difficulties reliably pulling
our source (Visual Studio Solution Tree) onto our development machines.

Our Qt 5.5.1 build has this configuration -- and, as mentioned above,
does result on a working Qt 5.5.1 on that machine. (The resulting Qt-551
tree is about 13.6 GB) ...

    configure
      -prefix %CD%\qtbase
      -commercial
      -nomake tests
      -debug-and-release
      -platform win32-msvc2010
      -shared
      -qt-zlib
      -qt-libpng
      -qt-libjpeg
      -no-opengl
      -no-angle
      -icu
      -no-strip
      -saveconfig CwQt551-ConfigOut

The environment on the 2nd development machine (which shows the build
errors) has this environment:

    include=C:\RiverWare\tools\icu-55.1\include
    lib=C:\RiverWare\tools\icu-55.1\lib64

    PATH=
      C:\RiverWare\tools\Qt-551\qtbase\bin;
      C:\Perl\bin\;
      C:\Tcl\bin;
      C:\Windows\system32;
      C:\Windows;
      C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;
      C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
      C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;
      C:\RiverWare\bin;
      C:\RiverWare\bin.reorg;
      C:\RiverWare\tools\bin;
      C:\RiverWare\tools\UnxUtils;
      C:\RiverWare\tools\tkcvs\bin;
      C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper;
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\CommandLineTool\;
      C:\RiverWare\tools\icu-55.1\bin64;
      C:\Ruby193\bin;
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\TibMounter64

QUESTION: What might be causing these MOC and QCommandLineParser errors?

Attached: Vs2010-Moc-Failure.txt

Thank you in advance,
Phil Weinstein, CADSWES, Colorado, USA