[Interest] QSettings strange behaviour when initialised with organisation and application

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Nov 10 20:55:05 CET 2015

Hi,

Today I have found the reason behind a strange bug I was having on my settings class, based on QSettings.

I have recently moved to a QSettings initialisation with organisation and application parameters.

What I have realised is that using this parameters, QSettings doesn’t seem to allow quick value store and commit. After a value is set, if I don’t wait a couple of seconds, the value stored is set to zero. Even when sync is already being called after each set, in order to force store.

Using the default constructor, with only parent as parameter, it behaves just fine.

Has anyone experienced such behaviour before?

I could experience it at leas on the following platforms: Mac OSX and Android

Regards,

Nuno