[Interest] emulate windows 10 behaviour on a QT window

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 11 17:54:57 CET 2015

On Wednesday 11 November 2015 10:42:01 jagernicolas at legtux.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2015-11-11 10:17, Sze Howe Koh wrote:
> > This feature is called "Aero Snap". It's designed with bordered
> > windows in mind, but I think hacks exist that emulate it in borderless
> > windows.
> >
> > A quick search on Google for "borderless Aero Snap" yielded
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16765635/aero-snap-with-borderless-wind
> > ow-in-qt [1] (Note: I have no experience with this myself, so I can't
> > comment on the quality of the proposed solution)
>
>  I can`t use this solution, I`m working on linux and doing cross compil
> for MS Windows. I guess there is no way to use DWM/Aero interface
> library from linux. I can`t blame MS to haven`t thought about that...

You can use the DWM/Aero interface because you'll only use it on Windows. On
Linux, the behaviour is different anyway so you shouldn't be trying to use
that interface.

Note that WM on Linux do have snap gestures too, but they are different.
You'll need to implement those again, by yourself, per each WM.