[Interest] Qt5 and libressl

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 12 21:35:14 CET 2015

On Thursday 12 November 2015 22:14:38 Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> (still remember in college how I was thought that this is a safe encryption
> because the NSA developed it... and it is fast...)

The same NSA that made changes to the RSA algorithm in the 80s and made it
stronger than random occurrence would have allowed for, even if they couldn't
then explain how they came up with the parameters. The same NSA that gave us
SELinux.

Just because it's NSA, doesn't mean it's bad.

> If this was not clear:
> I think that Thiago meant to say: "yea, I know this sux, and we are looking
> for someone to give us a patch and remove that MIM code".
>
> I might be wrong.

The project has no position on supporting LibreSSL. If we want to do that, I'd
like someone to work with Richard and say "we will test it to make sure it
compiles and works".

So volunteers are welcome.