[Interest] Qt5 and libressl

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:07:35 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Just because it's NSA, doesn't mean it's bad.

Not the place to be opinionated about such topics here, but I'd say at least one
verb in that statement should be in the past tense O:-)

> The project has no position on supporting LibreSSL. If we want to do that, I'd
> like someone to work with Richard and say "we will test it to make sure it
> compiles and works".

FWIW:
When I swap out OpenSSL with LibreSSL (on Linux, and yes I know one shouldn't),
I see the following when calling qtdiag:

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method

I *think* those are unlikely to go away after building against LibreSSL unless
there's a way to detect while compiling that the functions don't exist.

R.