[Interest] Qt5 and libressl

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 22:24:53 CET 2015

On 12 November 2015 at 20:14, Diego Iastrubni <diegoiast at gmail.com> wrote:

> So... the official statement from Qt is that elliptic curves is a ...
> "safe" encryption to be used in the wild...?

​We provide facilities that let you choose which ciphersuites are enabled.
We also support plain text. ​

> (still remember in college how I was thought that this is a safe
> encryption because the NSA developed it... and it is fast...)

​Ironic that you're complaining about code that lets you choose if you want
the curves the NSA standardised enabled, or just want those developed by
others.​

> If this was not clear:
> I think that Thiago meant to say: "yea, I know this sux, and we are
> looking for someone to give us a patch and remove that MIM code".
>
> I might be wrong.

​You are.​ If you have a serious question ask it.

​Rich.​