[Interest] Focus in Qt Wayland

Nate Rogers bob119er at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 17:46:23 CEST 2015

Is there an issue with keyboard focus with Qt Wayland?
When I build my app for my Ubuntu desktop and I print out the current focus object of my app at startup I get...
QQuickRectangle (this = 0x2625d80 , name= "" , parent = 0x26555f0 , geometry = QRectF(0,0 400x217) , z = 0 )
However on my target I am using Qt 5.3.2 on an embedded linux product that is using Wayland/Weston and I get..
QQuickItem(0)

Prior to using Weston I was using EGLFS and my app worked fine.  When it started up I was able to get the current object that had focus and issue keyboard event to support the navigation though my app.  Now with Weston I can't seem to get focus with this line...

QQuickItem *receiver = qobject_cast<QQuickItem *>(QGuiApplication::focusObject());

Is there another way to get the current focus object?  Thanks!
Nate