[Interest] Qt 5.5 DEB (or other install package) for Ubuntu 14.04 out there?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 12 23:54:06 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Jason Kretzer <Jason at gocodigo.com> wrote:

> We are currently building on a 14.04 installation.  However, when I take
> the DEB that is created to another pc with a stock installation of 14.04,
> the DEB will not install since it relies on packages that are not available
> through the repos.

Are you building against Qt5.5 on that Ubuntu system? If so, where is that
Qt 5.5 installation, how did it get there? If you can answer those
questions you know where your users will find their Qt 5.5 to use your
application.

> I am asking this question second hand, on behalf of a colleague, so I may
> not be completely correct in the above.  The bottom line is that we are
> stuck using a lower Qt version than we would like and do not know what we
> do not know to make using Qt 5.5 happen.

You may find more answers to the question wether some repository exists for
Qt5.5 Ubuntu packages for Ubuntu 14.04 in an ubuntu forum/list as those
providing such packages are more likely to lurk around there.

Other options besides finding some repository would be linking your app
statically against Qt, shipping the Qt libraries in a special subdir and
using a shell script to setup the linker load path to include that
directory or you create and provide such debs yourself.

Andreas