[Interest] Keeping track of a QDialog position

Rollastre Prostrit rollastre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 21:36:19 CEST 2015

Hello.

I am trying to keep track of the position of a QDialog as the user
clicks on the title and moves it around the desktop. At most, the only
thing I manage is to get a move event when the user releases the mouse.
But I need to keep track of the position to perform some operations
(somewhat like docking).

After some research performed, I learned about the
NonClientAreaMouseButtonPress, NonClientAreaMouseButtonRelease, and
NonClientAreaMouseButtonMove events which I can play with and would
suffice for my use case. But I'm not getting such events in Linux (KDE)
so this solution seems to not be portable.

Can anybody suggest any way to solve this?

Thanks