[Interest] UDP broadcast on Winphone

Federico Buti fed.buti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 23:55:08 CEST 2015

Thanks Andrew & Thiago.

I've tested the app with Qt 5.5.1 but I can test it with 5.6 for sure. On
the bright side I should say that the rest of the app works quite well. We
heavily rely on QTcpSocket and that works perfectly fine, as far as I can
tell. Same goes for the QML stuff, like Canvas. In short the overall
feeling is more than positive! :)

@Andrew, I've another question. You wrote in QTBUG-45495
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-45495> that:

"The platform transparently uses the system proxy, but let's accept this
task as an investigation into whether it is possible to hook up any of that
information/control into the Qt API."

Ok, so we can basically take out the usage of QNetworkProxy from libraries
using it, e.g. KDSoap, right? We have currently recompiled the library
using #ifdef for the offending part.

Thanks again,

F.