[Interest] Well, I'm kind of irritated by QtCreator...

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Oct 20 20:02:46 CEST 2015

Il 20/10/2015 19:52, Bob Hood ha scritto:
> I cannot change the names of these paths I must reference, nor can I ask them
> to change the folder names to suite my chosen IDE.  I can escape the paths
> when I am referencing them explicitly (e.g., "../Source
> \\(Shared\\)/Processing/..." seems to work), but when I have to use something
> like $$PWD, everything breaks because the characters are not properly escaped.

See qmake's $$system_quote, $$shell_quote and the like (depends on what
you're doing exactly).

> Any tricks I can apply to overcome this?  Otherwise, can somebody point me to
> the location in QtCreator where these command-line fix-ups are performed?  I
> guess I'll have to divert some time to see if I can apply corrections if I
> want to keep using this IDE.

Why do you think it's Creator's fault?
You seem to have identified the problem in your usage of qmake (lack of
escape for paths). Creator just runs qmake + make, which then explodes;
it doesn't look to me Creator is to blame.

HTH,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com | Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908