[Interest] iOS linking problem

Francesco Lamonica alienpenguin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 00:14:56 CET 2015

Hi all,

i have built a simple library statically with Qtcreator 3.5.1 (Qt 5.5.1) on
a mac running os X 10.10.5. I did this with Xcode 7.0 /7.1 and then
downgraded to 6.4.1 but the problem is the same.

I can compile the library but then the sample app to test it fails at
linking time with the following error:

ld: warning: ignoring file
../lib/last_build/libMyLib_iphonesimulator_debug.a, file was built for
archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386):
../lib/last_build/libMyLib_iphonesimulator_debug.a

any ideas what might be the problem?

btw i am positive to be building both library and test app to the
iphonesumilator (debug) target and

building for mac raises no issues

thanks