[Interest] Bluetooth for Linux

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Tue Oct 27 15:59:12 CET 2015

Hi,

The scan button is disabled while a scan is in progress.

> My question is how can I make bluetooth work for linux? How do I wire up Qt to
> use BlueZ? I hear about Qdbus as well but I don't know exactly how does that fit
> in the picture since the demos don't seem to use it.

QtDBus is internally used by QtBluetooth. There is no public reference to it in the QtBluetooth context. Please enable logging for the example by uncommenting

//QLoggingCategory::setFilterRules(QStringLiteral("qt.bluetooth* = true"));

in main(). It should provide you with more relevant output. Also, ensure that Bluez has enabled the local Bluetooth device using hciconfig.

> I am using Ubuntu 4.04 and BlueZ version 4.11 which I believe is supported by Qt.
> I am new to linux world though.

I am going to assume you meant Ubuntu 14.04 and Bluez 4.101. The other version combo doesn't make sense to me.  Otherwise please advise. Yes, this version combo does work. Indeed I am using it myself.

--
Alex