[Interest] GIT / Downloading previous QtQuickControls commits

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:24:14 CET 2015

On 2015-10-28 10:40, Van Looy Detlev wrote:
> I have found http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtquickcontrols.git/ which
> contains the commit logs for QtQuickControls, but I am not sure how
> to actually access the code from these commits, is this possible to
> do? I am not the most experienced with GIT so I might be missing
> something obvious.

See e.g.
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtquickcontrols.git/tree/?id=6a9c9710aa7f2b7bd6fd09f27f8bb352d496bc25
(replace the SHA with whatever SHA you want to look at).

However I doubt that's what you really want to do. More likely you will
do much better actually cloning the repository (note: the URL's for this
are at the bottom of the page you linked). Then you can just check out
whatever commit you like on your local machine.

I recommend finding a git tutorial that makes sense to you. Some
possibilities:

http://git-scm.com/docs/gittutorial
https://try.github.io/
http://gitimmersion.com/
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/git/

For a really quick-n-dirty:

$ git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qtquickcontrols.git
$ git checkout <commit>

--
Matthew