[Interest] Compile Errors (Qt 5.4.2) with OS X 10.10 and JavaScript

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:36:47 CET 2015

I am trying to compile Qt with C++11 support on OS X 10.10 using Xcode 6.4 tooling.

./configure -opensource -confirm-license -debug-and-release -release -nomake tests -nomake examples -no-compile-examples \
-qt-zlib -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -platform macx-clang -openssl -c++11 -sdk macosx10.9 -no-use-gold-linker \
-dbus -prefix $QT_PREFIX

I have also adjusted all the mac-* mkspec files to have a minimum OS X deployment of 10.9 instead of 10.7 and I get the following compile error. Googling the error turns up some webkit bug pages. So I am going to assume that this is an issue with the C++11 standard maybe as clearly the Qt folks were able to compile Qt and distribute it and the only difference is that I am enabling C++11 support.

Should I try Qt 5.5.1 perhaps?

In file included from runtime/JSGlobalObject.cpp:72:
API/ObjCCallbackFunction.h:32:9: fatal error: 'JavaScriptCore/JSCallbackFunction.h' file not found
#import <JavaScriptCore/JSCallbackFunction.h>
        ^
In file included from runtime/JSLock.cpp:28:
In file included from runtime/Operations.h:28:
In file included from runtime/JSFunctionInlines.h:29:
In file included from runtime/Executable.h:39:
In file included from parser/SourceCode.h:32:

thanks
--
Mike Jackson [imikejackson at gmail.com <mailto:imikejackson at gmail.com>]