[Interest] iOS android image capture issues

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Sep 11 20:21:41 CEST 2015

We have an application that uses the preview capture image of the image capture.
On iOS, there is a bug where it does not get the orientation change events, so it always captures landscape.

In addition to that bug, there is another overall bug on all platforms where if the orientation is locked by the manifest/plist:

<activity android:configChanges="orientation|uiMode|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation" android:name="org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity"  android:screenOrientation="portrait"...>
ios:
<key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
<array>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
</array>

The preview maybe rotated to an orientation NOT in the list.

This causes issues as we annotate the image, so nothing lines up.

I'd like to get this fixed for 5.5.1, as we've been waiting for correct image capture on iOS since 5.4.2