[Interest] Qt 5 Printer-specific options in QPrintDialog (Linux, CUPS)

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Fri Sep 11 23:58:58 CEST 2015

Hi John,

thank you once again. Those hints are certainly of help and I will have
a closer look at the resources.

I cannot say yet how I will continue with this for now.
KDE 5 is currently not a very urgent topic for us at work. Our
internally used Linux distribution is based on Ubuntu LTS and we are
possibly going to skip Ubuntu 16.04 - which means that the big switch to
KDE 5 would only take place for us in the Ubuntu 18.04 based version.

Some of the problems with the Qt 4 print dialog will probably have to be
addressed sooner. As that part of the Qt 4 print dialog has no future
(because it was removed in Qt 5), I want to avoid putting too much time
and effort into it. Therefore, ugly hacks or workarounds that we use
only internally might be an option.

However, I am very interested in a good and clean solution in Qt 5.
In case I see what needs to be done there and I find the time, I might
consider to contribute a bit. And I am aware that the urgency for others
might be higher than it currently is for us.

Kind regards,
Michael