[Interest] Difference between QProcess::execute() and QProcess::start()

Joachim Langenbach joachim at falaba.de
Tue Sep 15 21:25:24 CEST 2015

Good evening,

I have a php webservice and a Qt client. To test the webservice I use the php
build in webserver. Therefore my idea was to use the build in php webserver
also to serve the webservice instance during the Qt client tests. Todo so, I
tried to start the webserver with help of QProcess. But with QProcess::start()
the webserver produces very strange faults and with QProcess::execute(), it
works.

Since there is no difference mentioned in the documentation between those to
functions, I'd like to ask, if you have a idea what is going on here.

I attached a small example with both methods executing /usr/bin/php

Kind regards,

Joachim Langenbach