[Interest] Debugging in Qt Creator and displaying Qt objects d_ptr members in watch window ?

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Thu Sep 17 17:50:53 CEST 2015

We use our own build of Qt 5.5, including a debug build. Debugging is often painfully slow but mostly works. And with a debug build of Qt we can step into Qt code and (usually) inspect d pointers.

Be sure that you have gone into the Projects tab in Qt Creator, select the Run half of the button for the kit you're using and turn on the checkbox "Use debug version of frameworks"

Who else thinks that black Build button looks selected? But it's not- the Run button is active!

-John Weeks
WaveMetrics, Inc.