[Interest] Xcode 7 beta and Qt 5.5 ?

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:54:14 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Robert Iakobashvili
<coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Edward Sutton
> <edward.sutton at subsite.com> wrote:
>> For those of you developing for Qt 5.5 and iOS, you may want to hold off on
>> Xcode 7 for now.
>>
>> Installing the released Xcode 7 on top of Xcode 6.4 + Qt 5.5 OS
>> X-Android-iOS Enterprise succeeded in building my app Android and OS X
>> targets. So far, so good.
>>
>> However my iOS kits disappeared from Qt Creator 3.4.2 after installing Xcode
>> 7.  I did not know how to repair.  I tried uninstalling Qt 5.5 and
>> reinstalling.  The installer restored the iOS kit to Qt Creator.  However
>> builds resulted in many errors about "std::" namespace.
>>
>> Fortunately I have an OS X build slave VM with Xcode 6.4 and Qt 5.5 that I
>> hope to use as an example to get Xcode 7 and Qt 5.5 building targets for iOS
>> again.
>>
>> -Ed
>>

> Hi Ed,
> Thanks for the info.
>
> It appears that QtCreator-3.4.2 fails to detect the arm cross-compiler
> in the tool-chain.
>
> When adding it manually in Preferences->Build&Run -> Compilers, it
> does not offer any arm-abi to configure.
>
> It could be that newer QtCreator could be helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Correction. After adding flags -arch armv7 to the both flag fields,
arm7 ABI appears correctly.

Just now I need to quit; I will update you on Sunday whether
manual addition of compiler in QCreator-3.4.2 rectifies the issue with Xcode-7.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Robert