[Interest] Xcode 7 beta and Qt 5.5 ?

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:42:34 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Edward Sutton
<edward.sutton at subsite.com> wrote:
> For those of you developing for Qt 5.5 and iOS, you may want to hold off on
> Xcode 7 for now.
>
> Installing the released Xcode 7 on top of Xcode 6.4 + Qt 5.5 OS
> X-Android-iOS Enterprise succeeded in building my app Android and OS X
> targets. So far, so good.
>
> However my iOS kits disappeared from Qt Creator 3.4.2 after installing Xcode
> 7.  I did not know how to repair.  I tried uninstalling Qt 5.5 and
> reinstalling.  The installer restored the iOS kit to Qt Creator.  However
> builds resulted in many errors about "std::" namespace.
>
> Fortunately I have an OS X build slave VM with Xcode 6.4 and Qt 5.5 that I
> hope to use as an example to get Xcode 7 and Qt 5.5 building targets for iOS
> again.
>
> -Ed

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the info.

It appears that QtCreator-3.4.2 fails to detect the arm cross-compiler
in the tool-chain.

When adding it manually in Preferences->Build&Run -> Compilers, it
does not offer any arm-abi to configure.

It could be that newer QtCreator could be helpful.

Regards,
Robert