[Interest] High DPI support in QT (Windows)

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Wed Sep 23 13:01:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

Behind the scenes the new 5.6 support is actually a rewrite, where we have moved the implementation from the platform plugins to QtGui.

The user-visible changes are the environment variables:

	QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO: deprecated, and replaced by

	QT_SCALE_FACTOR: which takes a numeric scale factor, and

	QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR: (bool) reads the OS settings on X11 and Windows.

There is no corresponding C++ API for applications at this point. One way around that is to call qputenv() as the very  first thing in main().

I’m not too familiar with the Windows particulars. I can answer general questions about High DPI support if there are any.

Morten