[Interest] High DPI support in QT (Windows)

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:07:02 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Sorvig Morten <
Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Behind the scenes the new 5.6 support is actually a rewrite, where we have
> moved the implementation from the platform plugins to QtGui.
>
> The user-visible changes are the environment variables:
>
>         QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO: deprecated, and replaced by
>
>         QT_SCALE_FACTOR: which takes a numeric scale factor, and
>
>         QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR: (bool) reads the OS settings on X11
> and Windows.
>
> There is no corresponding C++ API for applications at this point. One way
> around that is to call qputenv() as the very  first thing in main().
>
> I’m not too familiar with the Windows particulars. I can answer general
> questions about High DPI support if there are any.

Does the new code deal with actually drawing widgets containing icons
correctly depending on the resolution of the display that widget is
currently displayed on?

For example, covering the following previous (possibly abandoned?) patches:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/108770/
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/108775/

Thanks
Adam