[Interest] rvalue references on Mac OS X 10.10 and XCode 7

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Fri Sep 25 22:59:50 CEST 2015

On 25/09/2015 21:41, Philippe wrote:
> In my case, I have to add libstdc++.dylib as a linker argument, else the
> presence of an old static third-party library that I must use, causes some
> linker error.

Are you aware of quite how broken libstdc++ is on MacOS X with clang++?
  It's a nightmare.  Last time I had the misfortune to use it, something
trivial like creating a std::locale would immediately segfault your
program, and there's a lot of more subtle and nasty breakage.  The day
we dropped OS X 10.8 and could use libc++ with clang++ was a very happy
one.  I've never tried libstdc++ on later versions because the
clang++/libstdc++ combination is not a good one.

If you absolutely require libstdc++, have you considered using a new GCC
with a new libstdc++?  You can install 4.9/5.0/5.1 easily enough and
they will all support rvalue refs.

Regards,
Roger