[Interest] android and openSSL, google-store is complaining

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Fri Apr 1 07:11:56 CEST 2016

Thanks for your reply

We do use SSL in a not-so-important feature of our app (meaning we can
probably just remove that feature for the Android app and we won't be
using SSL anymore, end of problem).

I see from the documentation that qt is built against openSLL, but I
didn't really understand if it's bundled in it or if it relies on some
libs existing on the device (or in the sdk?).

The thing is that SSL on Android is working but I didn't do anything
special for that, as far as I can remember and check, so I don't know
what to do to get the latest openSSL versions, or even if I have any
control on that.

Le 31-03-2016 21:43, Richard Moore a écrit :

> On 31 March 2016 at 20:23, maitai <maitai at virtual-winds.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just received a long message from g-play basically saying:
>>
>> Please migrate your app(s) to OpenSSL 1.02f/1.01r or higher as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning July 11, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use older versions of OpenSSL. If you're using a 3rd party library that bundles OpenSSL, you'll need to upgrade it to a version that bundles OpenSSL 1.02f/1.01r or higher.
>>
>> I dont think I did something special about openSSL, it just happened to work on Android
>
> ​If you're using openssl on android then you should have done something special.​
>
>> My latest apk on g-play is still qt 5.5.1, next one will be 5.6.0, that will be enough to get the proper OpenSSL version?
>>
>> Also found that complicated page: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/opensslsupport.html [1] so I have my doubts :)
>
> ​If you're not using SSL then you could be being hit by a new version of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46265 [3] but I believe we've fixed that.​
>
> ​Cheers
>
> Rich.​