[Interest] Bugs processing

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Apr 1 18:01:10 CEST 2016

On sexta-feira, 1 de abril de 2016 09:04:33 PDT Prav wrote:
> > Your bug is P2. So it's been triaged and prioritised.
>
> But  this  is  what  I  think  about  it.  I  wonder  about  the  list
> qt-community have as plan for qt improvements.

It's on bugreports.qt.io. Just list all the P0, P1 and P2 changes and you'll
see what has same or higher priority than yours.

Also note that P3 or lower do get sometimes ahead of yours because they're
easy.

> And ... bug it has
> Assignee:        Unassigned
>
> Which  as I understand means nobody ever read it to categorize the bug
> to  any "department" (component or real engineer or any real person) ... bug
> just hangs in the air as I understand its state. May be I am wrong?

You're wrong. Your bug's priority was set to P2, which means someone read it
and triaged it. The assignee just means no one is working on it now.

> Could  you  please  explain  the procedure of assigning someone to the bug?

When someone starts working on your bug, they will set the assignee to
themselves and change the bug's state to In Progress.

> And how long it should take?

Anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of years.