[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Mon Apr 4 14:39:53 CEST 2016

On Monday 04 April 2016 15:13:01 Emre Besirik wrote:
<snip>
> tabs — the current working type of open documents are really annoying. if
> you have split view open, first you need to select the view you intend to
> change open document. I dont know how many times I’ve changed the
> non-intended document in workspace

Some people like tabs, some don't. Tabs do not scale well beyond a handful of
files though. I'd rather search through an alphabetical list (in the left pane)
or an ordered list (ctrl+tab popup menu) than hunting through 4 rows of
arbitrarily ordered tab headers.

> ONE key to kill all other views and
> leave code windows open only (like distraction free mode of intellij)

Shouldn't be that hard to add in. File a feature request in JIRA. For now,
escape x 2, Ctrl+0 does a 1st order approximation.

> go
> proactive, generate getters/setter and stuff like that.
> have a dark UI mode :)

Tools->Options->Environment->Theme->Dark.

> have tons of more keyboard shortcuts (check out intellij)
> have a better user friendly UI

Qt Creator is an open source project. Contribute if something is bugging you.

Cheers,

Sean

ps No need to forward everybody's replies to the list. They are cc'd to you as
well as to the list.
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company