[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 5 17:39:48 CEST 2016

On terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2016 12:55:22 PDT Curtis Mitch wrote:
> 1. Have you even try to read people's comments on that link I've shared?
> (Yes they are practically begging JetBrains)
>
> I did read the bug report, yep. So what if they’re begging JetBrains? Rather
> than try to shame developers into converting one product into another, why
> not contribute specific features that you think are missing? Tell your
> friends commenting on that bug report that they can write a plugin for Qt
> Creator, and that it’s all open source.

I just want to add that there's also nothing wrong in making JetBrains a more
capable IDE for developing Qt-based projects. Yes, go beg them, go send
patches to them too.

The more the merrier.

It's also a good way to get Qt Creator developers to pay attention to a given
other IDE.

But you cannot tell people what *not* to work on.