[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Guenter Schwann gunter at schwann.at
Tue Apr 5 16:47:50 CEST 2016

On Tuesday, April 05, 2016 05:18:08 PM Emre Besirik wrote:
> Some of the lacking features are smart autocomplete maybe

At least with QtCreator 4.0 beta most issues are resolved for me.
What exactly do you mean by "smart"?

> Ctrl+K like search but improved in a better UI
I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nT9QWjOBA

Nothing stunning there. Mostly the same as Ctrl-K (you see more options the
poping up). Some are Ctrl-Tab, Ctrl-Shift-I, Ctrl-Shift-T.

Is there something like Alt-Left for CLion?

> but most lacking part comes in UI/UX

I like QtCreator because it doesn't come with a bloated UI (in constrast to
Visual Studio).
The UI is very lightweight. Close to a simple editor. But as soon as you know
some shortcuts, it gets extremely powerful.
Maybe you should have a look at https://www.kdab.com/qtcreator

And again - which technology or trends do you think QtCreator is _eons_
behind?

Regards
Guenter