[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Emre Besirik nomercy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:14:06 CEST 2016

> On 05 Apr 2016, at 19:55, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2016 19:02:14 PDT Emre Besirik wrote:
>> Thank you for your more cunstructive comments on the issue. All I wanted
>> from the start of this thread was at least please agree on that it is not
>> perfect, there is really room for improvement and lets discuss on what we
>> can do together? instead allmost all I get was "why don’t you do it your
>> self", "I’m happy", "if you don’t like it don’t use it" kind of responses…
>
> Then please reread the first two emails of this thread: your OP and my first
> reply.
>
> Quoting:
>
>>> Do you also find it a littlebit unpleasent to code in QtCreator like me?
>>> Does Qt plan to do something about this?
>>
>> It would be more constructive if you explained what your issues are and what
>> you findto be unpleasant. Without that, nothing is ever going to happen.

First we needed to agree that that QtC is not perfect and there is room for improvement. And even then there is the issue of hard to explain + a lot of improvements. Then I found an old intellij video and shared that instead which was easier to show than explain. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3KiAH4IBI <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3KiAH4IBI>) — if you have time to watch it…
if you can watch it maybe you can understand me better when I say pleasure of coding when those small things add up.

Regards,
Emre Besirik