[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Emre Besirik nomercy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:01:48 CEST 2016

> On 06 Apr 2016, at 13:41, André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:
>
> Op 06/04/2016 om 12:19 schreef Emre Besirik:
>>

>> I acknowlegde that writing a complete IDE is no easy task and I do appreciate the team for doing it in the first place. and what I’m talking about in the last couple of days are not intended to deminish their hard work, its a fully functional IDE afterall. What I’m trying to say is either the team is not big enough to handle things beyond core functionality or simply there is no UI/UX expert to guide devs on user experience. it is not a fault of anyone but just a fact that there is a need for a UI/UX expert. otherwise we will have a fully functional, fully capable IDE that very small amount of people will want to use.
>> And ok lets go to bugreports and fill all the things we can think of but I think that in the end will not help much because user experience is a flow and should be handled as a complete subject, not little by little issues… thats why I’m insisting on at least one UI/UX expert should be on the team to guide them, otherwise if you leave it to the bugreports you’ll be leaving the judgement of accepting the feature requests to the devs who may or may not like it. after all some of those little things may require A LOT of work or very fundamental changes which may freak out devs but if a UI/UX expert in the team can insist on requirement of that particular change and convince them to go for it…
>>
> As you are insisting that the team needs a UX expert, care to sponsor one?

Can not possibly afford a full salary of a UI/UX expert on my own but sure I can help. But as I told to Konstantin Tokarev help about this subject can be found on universities… I believe there are really good last year students willing to prove and improve them selves, surely can do so by helping a big opensource project as this one.

Regards,
Emre Beşirik
nomercy at gmail.com