[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Apr 6 11:18:22 CEST 2016

Op 06/04/2016 om 10:39 schreef Emre Besirik:

>> On 06 Apr 2016, at 01:57, Prav <pr12og2 at programist.ru
>> <mailto:pr12og2 at programist.ru>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thats not so easy for my part because I think whats lacking is a
>>> complete makeover…
>>> We need at least one UI/UX expert to work on QtC to
>>> shape things as user friendly as possible...
>>> Can you please be a little more specific?
>> Use bugreports.qt.io <http://bugreports.qt.io> first, and then write
>> here.
>>
>> Nobody would rewrite the whole UI from gound up just because your
>> opinion is that you feel bad about it.
>> But you keep repeating your message again and again ... may be this
>> is because you think that QtC developers does not hear you.
>> But probably they hear ... but not agree. So if you want them to
>> agree with you give real resons.
>> Which means fill feature-requests. If there would be so many real
>> examples where CLion is better ... this is
>> the data to think about.
>>
>> Nothing else would work for your intention (exept if your intention
>> is trolling us here).
>>

> What I’m trying to say is; non of us here are a UI/UX expert, right?

I would not make such assumptions out of hand... Do you know who is
subscribed here, and who is working on QtC?

> so whatever we add as feature requests to the bug report system will
> only maybe add some new functionality but will not improve *User
> Experience*, am I correct?

Wrong. The UX of an application is defined by its design and its
features, and how the these interact. So, indicating where there are
issues with these so they can be addressed will help the UX. UX is not
some secret sause to be poured over an application when the coding is
done (or something you can only work on before you start coding).

> QtC simply needs help from an expert on the subject...
That is the kind of useless statement people here become annoyed about.
Point out the problems before you start assuming that outside help is
needed to address these as of yet unknown problems.

André