[Interest] [Qt3D] Use a QImage as a QTextureImage

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Apr 7 23:32:48 CEST 2016

Hi Andy,

sorry forgot to reply to this. You can use the functor of QTextureImage
and either pass your pre-prepared image in a as a member of your custom
functor or you can do the actual painting using QPainter in the functors
function call operator. We aim to eventually add a convenience class for
this, QPaintedTextureImage or similar, kind of analogous to
QQuickPaintedItem.

Cheers,

Sean

On 07/04/2016 14:39, Andy wrote:
> [bump]
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use an in-memory QImage as
> a QTextureImage?  Or any other way to create a
> QNormalDiffuseMapAlphaMaterial from an in-memory QImage?  I must be
> missing something obvious.
>
> ---
> Andy Maloney  // https://asmaloney.com
> twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Andy <asmaloney at gmail.com
> <mailto:asmaloney at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have a QImage that I'm generating programmatically using a
>     QPainter which I want to use as a texture.
>
>     I want to use it in a QNormalDiffuseMapAlphaMaterial as a diffuse
>     texture - so it needs a QTextureImage whose source is set using a
>     QUrl.
>
>     How do I get from my in-memory QImage to a QUrl to set this
>     source?  Or is there another path I'm missing to accomplish this?
>
>     I'm also going to want to render text as a billboard - is this the
>     right way to do it too?  (Generate into a QImage with QPainter and
>     use textures on a QPlaneMesh?)
>
>     (C++, not QML)
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     ---
>     Andy Maloney  // https://asmaloney.com
>     twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>

Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company
Tel. +44 (0)1625 809908; Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090
Mobile: +44 (0)7545 140604
KDAB - Qt Experts