[Interest] login.qt.io down => cannot install Qt

Richard richard.thompson at etcconnect.com
Mon Apr 11 09:31:12 CEST 2016

Kojo Tero <tero.kojo <at> theqtcompany.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> There was a server incident in the early hours of the night (local server
time) and that was fixed as soon as
> there was someone in the office.
>
> It is not mandatory to log in to install Qt.
> In open source you can skip the login in the installer. (there is the
option on the screen that asks for your Qt Account)
> Or download the offline installer and forget the network completely.
>
> For a commercial fresh install you do need to log in (or have the license
ready), so yes it can be a problem there.
> We know that every system can fail, but there needs to be some way to
manage commercial licenses, in practice
> an online server is the best option.
>
> Best regards,
> Tero

It's down again. I've been trying for the last hour, and I doubt I was the
first.

Two unscheduled failures lasting several hours within a few days is a rather
poor showing.

I'm also rather concerned that you don't appear to have any out-of-hours
server monitoring, especially as commercial users *must* use this server to
install Qt.

Who should commercial users contact to report this in the future?

A public mailing list seems a little slow. A server failure like this should
be getting somebody out of bed to go crank the hamster wheel.

- Richard