[Interest] QML id

Gian Maxera gmaxera at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:19:34 CEST 2016

> On 11 Apr 2016, at 11:14, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 11.04.2016 12:57, Gian Maxera wrote:
>> If the Text is inside the generated rectangle into the repeater you don’t need to generate different Ids, you can do that:
>>
>> Repeater {
>>   model: 10
>>   delegate: Rectangle {
>>      id: cellRect
>>      Text {
>>         anchor.horizontalCenter: cellRect.horizontalCenter
>>      }
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> Even if the delegate has a fixed id and generated 10 times, QML will resolve correctly it.
>
> I want to rewrite my QML with chess board with Repeater. And I want to see the next:
>
> <chess.png>

I don’t know your current code, but If I would in your shoes, I will use a model representing where to put the chess items and a Grid to lay out the items. With Grid Item you can setup a global alignment of the items.
I think it should work in your case.
If you want more help, please share with us some snippet of code so I can understand what you need to achieve.