[Interest] QML id

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:18:11 CEST 2016

> Hello,
>
> On 11.04.2016 13:19, Gian Maxera wrote:
>

> On 11 Apr 2016, at 11:14, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 11.04.2016 12:57, Gian Maxera wrote:
>
> If the Text is inside the generated rectangle into the repeater you don’t
> need to generate different Ids, you can do that:
>
> Repeater {
>   model: 10
>   delegate: Rectangle {
>      id: cellRect
>      Text {
>         anchor.horizontalCenter: cellRect.horizontalCenter
>      }
>   }
> }
>
> Even if the delegate has a fixed id and generated 10 times, QML will resolve
> correctly it.
>

> I want to rewrite my QML with chess board with Repeater. And I want to see
> the next:
>
> <chess.png>
>

> I don’t know your current code, but If I would in your shoes, I will use a
> model representing where to put the chess items and a Grid to lay out the
> items. With Grid Item you can setup a global alignment of the items.
> I think it should work in your case.
> If you want more help, please share with us some snippet of code so I can
> understand what you need to achieve.
>

> Model and Grid is fine. I can place chess and rects, fine. But how to put
> letters and numbers?

Just like Shawn noted for the Repeater case, in your delegate you will
have an index property available.

You can use this index to calculate which column of the grid you're
on, and use the result to access a list into which you put 'A', 'B'
et.c. For the row numbers, it's even easier, just calculate the row
from the index and use it directly.

Elvis