[Interest] qt.labs.controls - Material - Fonts

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Wed Apr 13 19:33:47 CEST 2016

Am 13.04.16 um 19:02 schrieb Nikita Krupenko:
>> I'm looking HowTo get the right font styles for Material Display,
>> Headline, Title, Subheading, Body
>>
>> Are there any hints about available font.family and preffered sizes to
>> follow
>> https://www.google.com/design/spec/style/typography.html#typography-styles
> Controls from Material theme should have proper fonts in most cases.
> If they hasn't - don't hesitate to file a bug ;)
already did this and JP Nurmi already fixed :)
fonts are looking great

but per ex. Label can be used for body text, subheading etc. so I have
to create my own for this

> If you are talking about creating own controls, proper fonts usually
> specified in dedicated page for that control, for example
> https://www.google.com/design/spec/components/lists.html Though,
> sometimes information in spec don't really clear.
so I can use same Font names ?
is there a list what's part of qt.labs Material ?
>> Am I right that Font sizes always should be done in pointSize and not
>> pixelSize for correct High DPI scaling ?
> Quite the contrary. You should specify pixelSize. Also, in design
> guidelines, size in sp, which is pixels.
thx. then I misunderstood it from a session at Qt World Summit

I really like the new controls and am blogging about http://j.mp/qt-x -
just working on some sample apps ...

ekke