[Interest] [Qt3D] Render to video

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Apr 18 15:01:31 CEST 2016

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 3:26 AM, Harald Vistnes <harald.vistnes at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> An alternative is to use the FFMPEG encoding library instead of the
>> command line tools. Then you can pass each frame to the video encoder as
>> you generate it without writing them all to disk first.
>>

> This is non-GPL software, so I can't use the lib directly (I should have
> mentioned that).  I haven't found a BSD or MIT lib that encodes the common
> formats - is anyone aware of one?

I've written an application using Qt Quick that exports mp4 video files
from OpenGL content, but not involving Qt3D.

I render my scene into a FBO, grab the contents of the FBO into CPU memory,
encode using OpenH264, and put the resulting h264 stream into in a mp4
container.

OpenH264 has a BSD license: http://www.openh264.org/
Mp4v2 uses the Mozilla license, https://code.google.com/archive/p/mp4v2/
(not sure if this is the proper homepage anymore)

Cheers,
Ola