[Interest] Cellular Radio information?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Apr 20 17:24:41 CEST 2016

> On 19/04/16 05:23, Jason H wrote:
> > Is there a way to access the radio info (dB, SNR) or even just overall data connection quality using Qt?
> >
> > I know there is a Radio QML type, but this seems to be FM broadcast radio.
>
> In the unreleased QtSystems module in QtSystemInfo there is something
> like that, but depending on your platform, it may or may not work. There
> is no current iOS and Android support in QtSystemInfo.
>
> But since it is unreleased, we can add to the API and additional
> platforms at any time, if there was someone to work on those.

Thanks for the info. My app is used in rural and areas with low connectivity and needs to upload a lot of data. I was just looking to get an idea if they are having signal issues or some other kind of issue. My current MO is to get the GPS location then look it up on OpenSignalMaps, and deduce what their signal should be. It's not a complete database. So I was hoping the signal info could also be used to trigger an attempt when it got a "good enough" signal.