[Interest] [Qt3D] Distance field and texture atlas

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:51:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

Is there any plans to let the user control distance field and texture atlas?
We are interested by the distance field for text and icons rendering as we
apply scale and rotation on some small elements. We have to much elements
to regenerate textures at the right size from svg or ttf, and doing a cache
can consume a lot of memory.

Texture atlas can also a good thing to improve performances, but with new
API that are coming like vulkan the interest will decrease, so this feature
will be interesting only for few years.

--
Xavier