[Interest] PRO File defines

Francisco Ares frares at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:58:59 CEST 2016

> Hi,
>
> On 25.04.2016 00:29, Gianluca wrote:
>
> It’s not the first time that I see people knowing some “secrets” of Qmake …
> … where is the full documentation of all these details ?
>

> I found that here:
>
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/building-from-source-ios.html
>
> *Note: *A default build will include both simulator and device libraries.
> If you want to build for a single target, use the -sdk argument with
> either iphoneos or iphonesimulator.
>
> But I don't remember where I found that first time, just google a
> little... :)
>
> Il giorno 24/apr/2016, alle ore 18:47, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

> Hi,
>
> For real device you can use:
>
> ios {
>  iphoneos {
>    # Here is the real device....
>  }
> }
>
> On 24.04.2016 20:45, mark diener wrote:
>
> Hello List:
>
> Who can tell me how to detect whether a build is for IOS or IOS Simulator
> in the project PRO file.
>
> ios {
>     QMAKE_IOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=8.0
>     QMAKE_IOS_TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY=1,2
> }
>
> But how to I differentiate between IOS builds and IOS-simulator builds?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco

There's this link, also, which I found most interesting:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-manual.html

Good luck and
Best regards,
Francisco

P.S.: by the way, I've been fiddling with some PRO files, and nowadays use
a few tricks, like:

 using one source tree to build different executables, with different
functionality:

op1=$$find(DEFINES,"_REGISTER")

count (op1,1) {

	include(../ModBus/QModBusMaster.pri)

	op2=$$find(QT, network)

	count(op2,0) {

		unix|win32: QT += network

	}

	TARGET = WebR

}

count(op1,0) {

	TARGET = Web

}

building a usable string with the revision number, which considers the
subversion's own revision number:

REV_MAJOR_CODE = 1
REV_MINOR_CODE = 7
REV_PATCH_CODE = 0

win32 {
	defineReplace(Revisions)	{
		NUMBERS = $$system(set LANG=en_US && svn info | sed --quiet /Rev:/p
| cut -d: -f2 )
		# message($$NUMBERS)
		return ($$NUMBERS)
	}
}

unix {
	defineReplace(Revisions)	{
		NUMBERS = $$system(A=`LC_ALL=C svn info | grep "Rev:" | cut -d\" \"
 -f4` && echo $A)
		# message($$NUMBERS)
		return ($$NUMBERS)
	}
}

VER = $$REV_MAJOR_CODE $$REV_MINOR_CODE $$REV_PATCH_CODE $$Revisions()
VERSION = $$join(VER, ".")

DEFINES += \
	REV_SUBVN_CODE=$$Revisions() \
	REV_PATCH_CODE=$$REV_PATCH_CODE \
	REV_MINOR_CODE=$$REV_MINOR_CODE \
	REV_MAJOR_CODE=$$REV_MAJOR_CODE \
	REV_CODE=\\\"$$VERSION\\\" \
	APP_VERSION=\\\"$$VERSION\\\" \
	APP_NAME=\"$$TARGET\" \
	QT_DLL

message($$TARGET v.: $$VERSION  -  Qt $$QT_VERSION)

So, like this, the source may use the PRO file defined REV_CODE
variable to show it anywhere as desired, for instance.

Knowledge and practice really does something!