[Interest] [Qt3D] Distance field and texture atlas

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:41:09 CEST 2016

I realize that we can certainly improve the rendering of elements like
openings,... by generating a geometry based on lines (bezier,...). This
will remove the usage of textures and it can be scaled while preserving the
line width.

In this case distance field will be useful mostly for texts.

It make sense that the distance field require a particular material, but
maybe Qt can provide some helper functions to generate the particular
texture containing the distance field.

It will be great to have it in Qt 5.8.

--
Xavier