[Interest] armv7a-hard-float in Qt android apps

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Fri Apr 29 10:11:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

I’m trying to enable hard float computation on arm.

I think I have managed to enable it doing the following changes:

1) Set a new environment var ANDROID_ARCH_TARGET=armeabi-v7a-hard
2) Adding

equals(ANDROID_TARGET_ARCH, armeabi-v7a-hard): \
    QMAKE_CFLAGS = -Wno-psabi -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mhard-float -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -DANDROID -D_NDK_MATH_NO_SOFTFP=1 -Wa,--noexecstack -fno-builtin-memmove

3) QMAKE_LFLAGS            = --sysroot=$$ANDROID_PLATFORM_ROOT_PATH -Wl,--no-warn-mismatch -lm_hard
4) QMAKE_LIBS_PRIVATE      = -lgnustl_shared -llog -lz -lm_hard -ldl -lc -lgcc

Code compiled and ruined fine but couldn’t notice a faster performance (I have profiling timers in critical parts of the application).

Has anyone done this before?

Regards,

Nuno