[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Alexey Rusakov alexey.rusakov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 10:43:05 CEST 2016

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but auto-completion for connect() does work for me. Moreover, I don't expect CLion to be able to work with SIGNAL() and SLOT() notation without Qt-aware plugin.
I might expect CLion to rule them all in some indefinite future but very hardly at the moment. Disclaimer: I am a switch-over from CLion to Qt Creator, exactly because Qt Creator worked for me much better than CLion for CMake-based Qt-using projects.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:13 AM -0700, "Nikos Chantziaras" <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/04/16 22:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On domingo, 3 de abril de 2016 21:07:00 PDT Emre Besirik wrote:
>> Do you also find it a littlebit unpleasent to code in QtCreator like me?
>> Does Qt plan to do something about this?
>
> It would be more constructive if you explained what your issues are and what
> you findto be unpleasant. Without that, nothing is ever going to happen.

I assume the same things as the rest of us, perhaps:

* Lack of auto-completion for connect().
* Very slow auto-completion.
* Generally auto-completion sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.
* "Find uses" doesn't work, so you have to grep to find uses.
* It gets very confused with smart pointers and templates in general.
* Sometimes doesn't highlight local uses.

This is the clang code model, and these things are a major PITA.

The Creator code model was excellent for C++98. The last few months, I
complete switched my projects to C++14, and that code model is now
useless, so clang is the only choice. And it's not very pleasant to work
with. In fact, I'd say it's very unpleasant.