[Interest] Augmented reality with Qt3D

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Aug 3 17:52:26 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 03 August 2016 11:29:08 Marco Piccolino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether Qt3D could be well suited to implement a position-
> and camera-based augmented reality system. Would it be trivial to
> synchronise the camera, sensors and drawing with current APIs or is a lot
> of work required?
> Could it also be done in QML?

We're now looking at VR capabilities in Qt 3D. It looks feasible so I'd
imagine AR to be similar. Not looked at anything to do with registration of
the generated 3D content to the real world yet though. The head tracking is
presented as two 4x4 matrices for the eyes which we can use to render into an
FBO for each eye (or two areas on one FBO depending upon the SDK).

You're more than welcome to contribute this if you are interested and have
time. :)

Cheers,

Sean

--