[Interest] [Development] [QML] Avoiding graphics flicker in Quick2

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:50:03 CEST 2016

{quote}

Hi all.

I have some QML application, where just use QQuickView as QML container.
This application uses Qt 5.7.x and running on Linux embedded board with the
NVIDIA core (Toradex Apalis T30).

But sometimes I got flickering in process of animation. A flickering
represents in form of a "white" strips with full-screen width and 1/5-1/6
screen heigth. This flickers happens quickly and frequently (every ~20-60
seconds, randomly)...

I have seen this "Avoiding graphics flicker in Qt / QML" [1] blog where are
used QML with Qt 4.x,
where were used this trics:

{code}
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    view.setAttribute(Qt::WA_OpaquePaintEvent);
    view.setAttribute(Qt::WA_NoSystemBackground);
    view.viewport()->setAttribute(Qt::WA_OpaquePaintEvent);
    view.viewport()->setAttribute(Qt::WA_NoSystemBackground);
}
{code}

But, in my case I have use Quick v2, with QQuickView instead of
QDeclarativeView,
which does not allowed to setup any attributes.

So, my questions is: is there are any way to setup Qt::WA_OpaquePaintEvent
and/or
Qt::WA_NoSystemBackground in Quck2? Or, maybe is it possible to use another
tricks?

BR,
Denis

[1]https://blog.rburchell.com/2011/11/avoiding-graphics-flicker-in-qt-qml.html

{quote}

This flickering present on some HDMI displays...

We currently have this flags:

{code}
view.setFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint);
{code}

Maybe is it an reasons of flikering? Has someone any ideas?

BR,
Denis